It’s that day-which-should-not-be-named again today (kinda like Voldemort). And my outlook is brighter already because all day I’ve been thinking about my favorite things. I think this strategy might work out well!
- Hopping into bed at 8:30 last night to read my current favorite book, Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Right now, she’s in her first week at the Ashram in India, and it’s incredibly comforting to read that her struggles with meditation and the monkey mind mirror my own.
- Mr. Bento. I can’t tell you how much I regret opting for my Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping instead of spending a few extra dollars for next day mail. I’m impatient, what can I say? Like Veruca Salt, I want it NOW! I’ve been distracting myself from these feelings of greed by checking out Flickr’s Mr. Bento photo pool for bento lunch ideas. I can’t wait! Yes, I know. I’m a food nerd. I think we’ve established that already.
- My Prima Crocs. I can’t wear those other Crocs because my feet are way too big for my body as it is. But the Primas are petite and ladylike while still in keeping with that Croc sensibility.
- And while we’re on a shoe kick, I just bought these yesterday: Simple’s Toe Foo Sandals. I just call them Flip-Flops though. They make me feel like a fabulously chic hippy.
- Croissants. Again. Yesterday at the bakery I talked myself into ordering a bran muffin instead. But then as a reward for being so good and ordering the bran muffin, I went back and ordered a croissant. Sometimes I love the way my mind works.